Validity of certifications
- No expiry
Number of students
Minimum 2, maximum 10
- Clear communication in English language
- Must have ability to operate radio station
- 2 days, 8 hour a day theory and practical hands-on with Marine VHF radios training
- Minimum 42 questions out of 60 must be answered correctly (70%)
- At least 2 out of 3 verbal questions must be answered correctly
- If unsuccessful at first attempt, there is a fee of $37.50 for every additional attempt. Re-examination cannot be taken at the same day
Training materials (book and CD) can be picked up prior to the classroom training to give participants time to prepare for the course. Cost of book and CD is not included in course price, there is an additional fee of $55.00.
- Training materials can be picked up at 1928 74 St. SW, Edmonton, AB, T6X 0K3, or shipped by Canada Post, additional fee for shipping applies
What to Study
- In module 1, you will be taught the uses of marine radios, choice of frequencies, operation, phonetic alphabet, procedural words and phrases.
- Module 2 covers Digital Selective Calling and the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System, (DSC/GMDSS). All mariners, including recreational boaters, will want to take advantage of the many features and capabilities of this innovative form “automatic” radio.
- CD supplied with the Marine Radio Self Study contains CD (if requested it can be copied onto memory stick) provides computer based simulation of operation of the Marine VHF radio
- After passing the test, temporary (3 month) will be issued to successful candidate.
- It may take up to 2 month for Canadian Power and Sails Squadron to sent you Restricted Radio Operator’s certification (Marine VHF)
Cezary Giluk, 780-983-0155, email@example.com